- We, Careerplus SA (headquarters: Place Coquillon 2, 2000 Neuchâtel | telephone +41 31 310 99 00; email firstname.lastname@example.org), are the operators of the website accessible at www.careerplus.ch (hereinafter also referred to as the ‘WEBSITE’) and are responsible for the processing of personal data belonging to the users of our WEBSITE as well as our candidates and customers (‘you’) in accordance with Art. 4(7) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’) and other national data protection laws of the member states as well as other data protection provisions.
- In the context of our information obligations, below we would like to draw your attention to the type of data that is processed when you visit our website, use our services or apply for one of our vacancies at Careerplus SA. We would also like to draw your attention to the accompanying protective measures we have taken in technical and organisational terms.
Processing of your personal data
- Personal data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable natural person. Your personal data therefore includes any data that can be directly or indirectly assigned to you as a person, such as your name, address, telephone number or email address.
- We only process personal data if and insofar as
- you have granted us your consent for data processing for one or more purposes (Art. 6(1)(1)(a) GDPR);
- the processing is required for the performance of a contract to which you are party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract (Art. 6(1)(1)(b) GDPR);
- the data processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject (Art. 6(1)(1)(c) GDPR); or
- processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests or those of a third party, except where such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms that require the protection of personal data (Art. 6(1)(1)(f) GDPR).
- make use of services offered by us (see section 4 below).
Use of our WEBSITE purely for information
- When you use our WEBSITE purely for information, i.e. if you do not use services and offers on our WEBSITE or provide us with any other information, we will only collect the data that your internet browser automatically transmits to our server. This includes the following data:
- IP address of the requesting computer
- date and time of the request
- time difference relative to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- content of request (actual page)
- access status/HTTP status code
- data volume transferred in each case
- website from which the request comes
- operating system and its interface
- language and version of the browser software.
- We require this technical data to guarantee the use and operation of our WEBSITE, in particular to display the WEBSITE and to ensure the security and stability of the WEBSITE. There is no linkage of this data with personal data belonging to a specific natural person. Our system is required to temporarily store the IP address in order to correct faults on our website and to prevent harm. Our legitimate interest lies in a functioning website. The legal basis for this is Art. 6(1)(1)(f) GDPR.
- We erase your personal data as soon as it is no longer necessary for the purpose of its collection. In the event that the data is collected for the provision of our WEBSITE, it is erased when the session ends.
Personnel consultation and placement
- We process personal data from you which is required to offer you the best possible support as a candidate and to find you the right activity and the right employer, to offer you a position optimally suited to your requirements and to provide you with our other services e.g. as part of your ongoing application process as well as coaching once you have taken up a position. For these purposes, we process data such as salutation/title, first and last name, address, date of birth, email address, telephone and mobile phone number and your CV as well as additional documents such as your cover letter, references, a list of projects, a job description, a portrait photo and/or a description of how you first became aware of us. In addition to the data you provide, in individual cases we also collect data from third parties about you to the extent permitted by law, for example your online profiles, which are used to gain an impression of the professional qualifications of their members and which are directly related to you as a person (for example Xing, LinkedIn, etc.) as well as feedback from customers and references. We will not collect any reference information from third parties without your express consent, such consent being expressly excluded from these data protection guidelines.
- We do not require any information from you that cannot be used under the general principles of equal treatment (e.g. race, ethnic origin, religion or ideology, sexual identity). We will also not ask you to provide information on pregnancy, political views, philosophical or religious convictions or union membership.
- You can enter or upload your data and documents via the online form on our WEBSITE (application form), send them to us by post, forward them to us via email, Xing or LinkedIn, provide them by other means or present them in an interview. Please be aware that in the case of digital transmission we only guarantee the integrity of our application form – you are responsible for any transmission of your data and documents via email, Xing or LinkedIn.
- As part of our placement activities, we will pass on the necessary documents and data for your placement to potential employers. This transfer takes place for the purpose of persuading potential employers of your suitability for vacancies and to allow them to check your qualifications and compare them with the requirement profile from the job description. We will assume that you consent to the processing and sharing of your personal data for the purpose of finding an appropriate function for you. In each case, your data will only be shared with potential employers with your prior, express consent, such consent being expressly excluded from these data protection guidelines. Should potential employers undertake further processing of your data, they do so according to their respective data protection regulations. If the employer requires consent for the further processing of your data, it is that employer’s responsibility to obtain it from you.
- Should we be of the opinion that you would be appropriate for a position that we have advertised ourselves or one of our group companies has advertised, we may share your data with the central, internal group recruitment department of Career World Holding SA, Genfergasse 4, 3011 Bern. Career World Holding SA herewith guarantees the following:Your data will only be used for recruitment purposes and will be handled in strictest confidence. Career World Holding SA has implemented all necessary technical and organisational measures for guaranteeing the integrity of your data. It will only be accessible to persons from the internal recruitment department and possible future managers. The data is only stored, evaluated, processed or forwarded within the group in connection with the recruitment process. It will never be shared with third parties beyond the group. Should your application result in you joining one of our group companies, you acknowledge and agree that your application documents will be stored in your digital personnel file. In the event of a rejection, your data will be erased within 24 months or promptly returned. As legal source we refer to Art. 328b of the Swiss Code of Obligations (OR), the Swiss Federal Act on Data Protection of 19 June 1992 (FADP) and the Swiss Ordinance to the Federal Act on Data Protection of 14 June 1993 (DPO). Alongside Career World Holding SA, the group’s companies include Careerplus SA, Qualis Vita AG, Qualis Vita Ost AG, Qualis Vita Ouest SA, Life Learning Network Ltd. and Ganci & Partner Sarl.
- In the course of our placement activities we may process the data that you supply to inform you of interesting positions by telephone or send you emails with information on vacancies and companies.
- We retain your personal information for the duration of the services we render to you and erase it in line with our legal obligations if we have no contact with you over a longer period and are obliged to assume that you are no longer interested in our services. We take contact to mean any verbal, telephonic or written communication with you or your interest in our services through your further contact, the transmission/uploading of current data and/or documents and/or participation in our services and offers.
- We believe that the processing of your personal data for the purposes set out above, in particular for the purpose of seeking and finding an appropriate working arrangement for you, does not impair your interests, fundamental rights or fundamental freedoms, rather it is in fact in your interest. By helping us to find the most suitable position for you, you help us deliver our services to you and the potential employers who are our clients efficiently and professionally. The processing of your data is therefore in our legitimate interest. The legal basis for this is Art. 6(1)(1)(f) GDPR. Should the processing take place on the basis of consent you have granted us, the legal basis is Art. 6(1)(1)(a) GDPR.
- If you, as an employer, would like to find the right candidate for your company or use our other services, we need information about you or persons within your company in order to provide you with suitable candidates and to provide other services. To this end, we process the following personal data: your contact data and the contact data of individual contacts within your company, such as their name, email address, telephone number and function within the company. We also collect and process information about your company, the structure of your company, the departments, technologies and products of your company and information about your vacancies (role, general conditions, reason for the vacancy, etc.). In addition to the data you provide, in individual cases and to the extent permitted by law we also collect data about you from third parties, for example from our candidates, your company’s online presence, and from other (public) sources and media.
- As part of our placement activities, we may pass the necessary documents and data on to our candidates. This transfer serves the purpose of convincing candidates of vacancies to be filled.
- As part of our placement activities, we may also process the personal data you provide to inform you by telephone or email about interesting candidates.
- Insofar as the erasure of your personal data does not conflict with statutory or contractual retention periods, we will erase it within the scope of our legal obligations as soon as it is no longer necessary for the purpose of collection. This is usually the case when a customer relationship with your company no longer exists, or when you have left the company.
- The legal basis for the processing of your personal data is Art. 6(1)(1)(b) GDPR, if the processing is required for the performance of a contract to which you are party or in order to take steps prior to entering into a contract, or in other cases where we have a legitimate interest in accordance with Art. 6(1)(1)(f) GDPR. Should the processing take place on the basis of consent you have granted us, the legal basis is Art. 6(1)(1)(a) GDPR.
- Our WEBSITE uses the following types of cookies, the scope and operation of which are explained below:
- Temporary cookies (see 3)
- Persistent cookies (see 4).
- Temporary cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser. They include session cookies in particular. These store what is known as a session ID, with which multiple requests from your browser can be assigned to a single session. This allows your computer to be recognised when you return to our WEBSITE. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
- Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may differ depending on the cookie. You can delete these cookies at any time using your browser’s security settings.
- Where personal data is processed by individual cookies, this processing is carried out in accordance with Art. 6(1)(1)(b) GDPR either for the performance of the contract or in accordance with Art. 6(1)(1)(f) GDPR for the protection of our legitimate interests in the best possible functioning of our WEBSITE as well as the customer-friendly, effective configuration of your visit to the site.
- You can configure your browser settings as you wish including, for example, refusing to accept third-party cookies or all cookies. Please note that in this case you may not be able to use all the features of our WEBSITE.
- Google will not associate the IP address collected by Google Analytics with any other data held by Google.
- Alternatively, for browsers on mobile devices, you can prevent collection by Google Analytics by clicking on the following link:Set opt-out cookie for this browser and this websiteAn opt-out cookie can be set to prevent future collection of your data when you visit our WEBSITE. Please note that the cookie only functions for the browser on which it is set. If you delete the cookie on this browser, you must reset it by clicking on the above link.
- If you have enabled storage of cookies, Google Analytics retains your data for 14 months. Data that has reached the end of this retention period is automatically erased.
- Please note that we use Google Analytics on our WEBSITE with the extension ‘_anonymizeIp()’ and that your IP address will only be processed in truncated form to prevent any direct personal reference. Where the data collected about you is assigned a personal reference, this is automatically excluded and the personal data deleted immediately.
- We use Google Analytics to analyse and regularly improve the use of our WEBSITE. We use the statistics gathered to improve our web service and make it more interesting for you as the user. Our legitimate interest lies in optimisation and marketing purposes. For those exceptional cases in which personal data is transferred to the USA, Google is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield: https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for using Google Analytics is Art. 6(1)(1)(f) GDPR.
- In the context of Google Analytics, we also make use of the additional features of Universal Analytics. Universal Analytics allows us to analyse your activities on our pages across devices. This is made possible by the pseudonymous allocation of a user identification (user ID) to a user. This allocation will occur, for example, when you register for a customer account or log in to your customer account. However, no personal data will be shared with Google. Please note that Google Universal functions are also subject to the refusal options outlined above, exercised by using the browser plugin or opt-out cookie. You can also deactivate usage analysis across devices in your customer account under ‘My data’, ‘Personal data’.
Google AdWords Remarketing
- Our WEBSITE uses the Remarketing or ‘similar audiences’ function in Google AdWords, a service provided by Google Inc. (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; ‘Google’). This feature allows us to present you with interest-based, personalised advertising on third-party websites, including Google’s websites (‘Google Display Network’), based on your previous usage and browsing habits. The display of this advertising material on the pages of the Google Display Network is based on a cookie technology. This is achieved by storing cookies from our WEBSITE on your computer that allow it to recognise you when you visit websites that are part of the Google Display Network. Our legitimate interest lies in the optimal marketing of our WEBSITE. The legal basis for the use of Google AdWords Remarketing is Art. 6(1)(1)(f) GDPR.
- If you have a Google account and have granted the relevant consent to Google, Google will associate your browsing history with your Google account for each of the devices that you use to log in to your Google account. In this way, the same interest-based, personalised advertising can be displayed to you across devices. In doing so, Google captures authenticated identifications of users. These are temporarily linked to our Google Analytics data to define audiences for ad promotion across devices. If you do not have a Google Account, or you have not consented to linkage between your Google account and your browser, AdWords Remarketing will not collect your ID or other data.
- You can opt out of personalised ads in your Google account using the Google Ads Settings page.
Alternatively, you may opt out of third-party cookies by implementing the opt-out measures listed on the Network Advertising Initiative’s (NAI) page linked below.
Google AdWords Conversion
- Our WEBSITE uses Google AdWords, a service provided by Google Inc. (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; ‘Google’), to draw attention to our attractive offers by using advertising materials (‘Google AdWords’) on external websites. We can determine how successful individual advertising measures are in relation to the data from the advertising campaigns. In doing so, we are pursuing our interest in showing you advertisements that are of interest to you, making our WEBSITE more interesting to you and enabling a fair calculation of advertising costs.
- These advertising materials are delivered by Google through ‘ad servers’. We use ad server cookies, through which we can measure certain parameters indicating success, such as display of advertisements or user clicks. If you access our WEBSITE via a Google advertisement, a cookie from Google AdWords will be stored on your PC. These cookies usually lapse after 30 days and are not intended as a means to personally identify you. This cookie generally saves the analysis values of the unique cookie ID, number of ad impressions per placement (frequency), last impression (relevant for post-view conversions) as well as opt-out information (indications that the user no longer wishes to be targeted).
- These cookies enable Google to recognise your internet browser. If a user visits certain pages of an AdWords customer’s website and the cookie stored on their computer has not yet expired, Google and the customer can recognise that the user clicked on the ad and was redirected to that page. Each AdWords customer is allocated a different cookie. This means that cookies cannot be tracked through the websites of AdWords customers. We ourselves do not collect and process any personal data through the advertising measures outlined above. We only receive statistical evaluations provided by Google. Using these evaluations we can determine which of the advertising measures used are most effective. We do not receive any further data from the use of the advertising material. In particular, we cannot identify users on the basis of this information.
- Due to the marketing tools used, your browser automatically establishes a direct connection to the Google server. We have no control over the extent and further use of the data that is collected by Google’s use of this tool and therefore inform you that to the best of our knowledge, by including AdWords Conversion, Google receives the information that you have accessed the relevant part of our website or have clicked on an ad from us. If you are registered with a service provided by Google, Google can associate the visit with your account. Even if you are not registered with Google or have not logged in, there is a chance that the provider will find and store your IP address.
- You can prevent participation in this tracking process in several ways:
- by adjusting the appropriate settings in your browser software, in particular by suppressing third-party cookies, which will prevent you from receiving any third-party ads;
- by deactivating cookies for conversion tracking, by configuring your browser to block cookies from the domain ‘www.googleadservices.com’, https://adssettings.google.de/authenticated, with this setting being deleted when you delete your cookies;
- by deactivating interest-related advertisements from the provider, which are part of the self-regulatory campaign ‘About Ads’, via the link: http://www.aboutads.info/choices, with this setting being deleted when you delete your cookies;
- through permanent deactivation in your browsers Firefox, Internet Explorer or Google Chrome at https://support.google.com/ads/answer/7395996?hl=en-GB. Please note that in this case you may not be able to use all the features of the website in full.
- Our legitimate interest lies in targeted advertising. The legal basis for processing your data is Art. 6(1)(1)(f) GDPR.
- On our WEBSITE, we may offer services from other third-party providers (e.g. Google Maps, Vimeo, etc.). We do this to display interactive information directly on the WEBSITE.
- By visiting our WEBSITE, these third-party providers will receive the information that you have accessed the corresponding subpage of our WEBSITE. In addition, the data mentioned under section 3 of this declaration may be transferred. This will happen regardless of whether you have a user account with the third party to which you are logged in, or if there is no user account. If you are logged in to the third-party provider (for example, Google), your data will be allocated directly to your account. If you do not wish to have this data allocated, you must log out before activating the button. The third-party provider stores your data in the form of usage profiles and uses it for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or customised display of the website. This evaluation is carried out in particular (even for users who are not logged in) to provide appropriate advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our WEBSITE. You have the right to object to the formation of these user profiles, although you must approach the third party to exercise this right.
- We use technical and organisational security measures to protect personal data that is incidental or collected, in particular against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction or against attack by unauthorised persons. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.
- Our WEBSITE is encrypted using SSL technology to prevent access by unauthorised third parties. You can recognise secure transfer by the protocol ID ‘https://’ in the URL.
With regard to the processing of personal data concerning you, under statutory requirements you are entitled to the rights listed below under (a) to (h) in relation to us. Please get in touch with us to exercise these rights. You can find contact details under section 1.
Right of access
In accordance with Art. 15 GDPR you may demand confirmation as to whether personal data concerning you is processed by us. In this case, in accordance with Art. 15(1) GDPR you have a right to information about the processing purposes, the categories of personal data processed, the recipients or categories of recipients to whom we have disclosed or will disclose the personal data, the planned retention period or the criteria for determining the retention period, the right of rectification or deletion of your personal data, as well as limitation of processing or objection to processing, the right to complain to a supervisory authority, to know the origin of the data if we have not collected your data from you, to the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, in accordance with Art. 15(2) GDPR, the right to be informed about the appropriate guarantees in accordance with Art. 46 GDPR in connection with the transfer of personal data to third countries.
Right of rectification
In accordance with Art. 16 GDPR you may demand the immediate rectification and/or completion of your personal data, taking into account the purposes of the processing, if your data is incorrect or incomplete.
Right to erasure
In accordance with Art. 17 GDPR you may demand the immediate erasure of your personal data, provided that there is a reason under Art. 17 (1)(a) to (f) of the GDPR. However, the right to erase your personal data does not exist, in particular, if processing thereof is required to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal rights (Art. 17(3) GDPR).
Right to restriction of processing
In accordance with Art. 18 GDPR you may demand that we restrict the processing of your personal data, as long as we check the accuracy of the data you are contesting, if you are refusing the erasure of your data for reasons of illegal processing and instead demanding the restriction of the use of your data, if you need your data for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims or if you object to the processing, as long as it is not certain that our legitimate reasons prevail.
Right of information
In accordance with Art. 19 GDPR we inform all recipients to whom your personal data have been disclosed of any rectification or erasure of your personal data or restriction on processing under Art. 16, 17(1) and 18 GDPR, unless this proves impossible or is associated with disproportionate effort. In accordance with Art. 19(2) GDPR you have the right to be informed about these recipients on request.
Right to data portability
In accordance with Art. 20 GDPR you have the right to receive your personal data, which you have provided us with, in a structured, standard and machine-readable format and to transmit this data to another responsible person, provided that the further requirements of Art. 20 GDPR are met, in particular that this is technically feasible.
Right to object
Insofar as our processing of your personal data is based on legitimate interests in accordance with Art. 6(1) and (1)(f) GDPR, you may, in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR, object to processing. This is the case if, in particular, the processing is not required to fulfil a contract with you, as described by us in each case in the above description of services. In the event of any such objection, we ask you to explain the reasons why we should not process your personal data as we have done. Should your objection be justified, we will examine the situation and in accordance with Art. 21(1)(2) GDPR either no longer process the personal data or prove to you our compelling legitimate grounds for processing that outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms. The right to further processing is reserved if the processing serves the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Naturally, in accordance with Art. 21(2) GDPR, you may object to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of advertising and profiling, as far as it is associated with direct advertising, at any time.
You can inform us of your objection using the contact details given in section 1.
Right to revocation of consent
In accordance with Art. 7(3) GDPR you have the right to revoke any data protection consent you have granted us with effect for the future. However, this does not affect the legality of the processing that took place on the basis of your consent up until the time of the cancellation.
If you believe that the processing of your data violates data protection regulations, you have the additional right to complain to a supervisory authority in accordance with Art. 77 GDPR.